Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Gathering of Patriots

Those of you who know me know that I don't promote anything I don't believe in wholeheartedly. For those of you who don't know me...I don't promote anything I don't believe in wholeheartedly. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I wanted to promote an upcoming event with the hopes of sending a good friend there.

But first, a little bit of a history lesson. A few weeks ago, some anti-war liberals took it upon themselves to break through a police line and spray paint messages on the Capitol Building. Apparently, this inspired Jane Fonda and some anti-war protestors to put on an anti-war protest on March 17th in Washington, DC, starting at the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Wall. For those of you who don't know, Fonda was a big anti-war activist during Vietnam and earned the nickname of "Hanoi Jane" for her efforts to help the Viet Cong.

This got Vietnam war vets angry. And when men and women like that get angry, they mobilize. Thus, Gathering of Eagles was born. Their purpose is simple: stand guard over the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Wall so Fonda and her ilk wouldn't be able to desecrate it. I have been a supporter since I first heard what Gathering of Eagles was going to do. Having been to the Wall a couple of times, I can tell you that it is hallowed ground, ground that deserves to be protected from those who would use it for political purposes that run counter to what our country should be doing.

If you are going to be in the area or would like to participate in some way, you can contact Gathering of Eagles at their website, http://gatheringofeagles.org/. Even if you can't be there in person, every little bit you can contribute to send someone in your place would be appreciated.

That's where my other appeal comes in. Resa Laru Kirkland, better known as Warchick, is one of the biggest supporters of our veterans, especially the Vietnam vets, that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She would love to go defend her guys, but she lives in Washington State, not Washington, DC. That means she'll need money to fly to DC.

I owe Warchick a lot for giving me a chance to voice my opinions on her Internet radio show. She took a chance on me not sucking and, so far, it's paid off. So, now I want to return the favor. Warchick is asking for donations at her website, http://www.warchick.com/. If you are so inclined (and I hope you are), please contribute. And for the record, I'm not making a dime off this; this is my way of giving back to someone who has tirelessly given to so many of our forgotten brothers and sisters who served our country in an unpopular war. It's the least I can do for her, and for them.

http://gatheringofeagles.org/
http://www.warchick.com/

No comments: